I am Singaporean


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here’s my tribute to the Molson beer "I am Canadian" commercial:

The address of my blog says rabbi-robin, but I’m not a Jew. It started out as a joke from school.

It wasn’t easy getting me into primary school. My parents had to ballot; thankfully, I have relatives who live in that area. I was a prefect, but I was nearly sacked for putting a pail on my classmate’s head. In primary five, NKF gave me an award for being one of their top fund-raisers. I was not from the best class. My form teacher said that she will eat her shoe if I make it to RI. From then on, I’ve never dared to challenge anyone that way.

I had wanted to be a sport-man, but realized I started the sport too late. My fellow countryman won gold for body-building at the Asian Games. A week later, writers to the ST Forum questioned if body-building is a sport.

I enjoyed NS. For five months, I worked 8 to 5. For another five months, I was an attached-out personnel. I was a Combat Engineer. I can fall asleep in nearly every terrain. My batch of commander trainees set the record for the number of training accidents. My company is not as operational, but they are fun-loving people.

My pay in army was around $680, before Mess fee, Hair-cut fee, Pioneer, Army News and Safra membership. I’ve never cut my hair in camp.

My country is in the tropics, but I can’t stand the heat.

I read the Straits Times daily. My favorite section is Urban, followed by Life and DigitalLife. On Sundays, I look forward to Colin Goh’s column. I don’t see why we have to pay to read Straits Times Interactive. I am not a football fan but I believe that the World Cup Channel should be free.

I missed the Progress Package because I was born three months too late. Consequently, I could not be trusted to vote. I live in the GRC where the Suicide Six tried to unseat the Prime Minister. I would have voted for PAP if I was allowed to vote. If I live in Aljunied I would have voted for WP.

I have the national flag ironed onto my backpack.

I went to a school where the uniform is the same as that of the ruling party’s. I had wanted to be a civil servant, but I’ve come to realize that Singapore is bigger than her government.

My name is Robin Quek. And I’m a Singaporean. So say we all. So say we all. So say we all.


0 Responses to “I am Singaporean”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3