Shostakovich Centennial


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Friday evening is undoubtedly the highlight of my weekend. It was the Shostakovich centennial and I went downtown to catch the concert at Heinz Hall. Shostakovich is my favorite modern composer and I had been looking forward to the concert the whole of last week.

Heinz Hall is ornate, the architecture lavish and extravagant. The wealth of the tomato ketchup.

The tango from the first piece (The Bolt) was exciting but after that I got very irritated when the trumpet started sounding like wind rushing out of a deflated balloon.

I was not extremely impressed, but I had a lot of fun.


0 Responses to “Shostakovich Centennial”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3