Connecting the dots, humility, the Beatitudes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Feedback from church friends is usually tempered with a good dose of the Fruit of the Spirit, but I think the time of sharing with the Frontliners went pretty okay. I had thought that reading from a script might not be too bad an idea since I wanted, above all, the points (not a story or a joke or an anecdote) to stick. Thank God most people managed to hang on despite the early Sunday morning, and get the three points I was driving at. Watched and read a number of sermons online when I was preparing for the sharing, and one verse kept popping up “On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. (1 Thessalonians 2: 4)” I think God is trying to say “No need for theatrics to get the points across. Just keep it simple and clear”. Anyway, since everyone was expecting me to tell funny stories, not being too informal might just be refreshing. Strangely, it still managed to induce some giggling.

Was a little worried initially about how far I should push my point on leaving our comfort zones to reach out. I said “The day we forget our purpose to bring hearts to Jesus, the miracle of the Frontliners ministry will stop.” Thankfully, Auntie Shermeen did not take it up when she spoke to me later. No one fell asleep, I am relieved.


0 Responses to “Connecting the dots, humility, the Beatitudes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3