Things I Intend to Do Before Leaving Singapore.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Here is my list of the Top-Ten things I intend to do before I leave Singapore:

1. Picnic at the steps of City Hall.
Had an unforgettable evening there many years back, but she would not even reply my SMSs now.

2. Take a drive around the island.
Especially to Changi, Jurong, Sungei Gedong, Kranji, Mandai, Seletar, Tanjong Pagar, and the areas that will be turned into the Integrated Resorts when I am away.

3. Take a jog through the civic district.
I intend to cover the areas around the Singapore River, the CBD, City Hall and Chinatown. An exciting alternative would be to cycle through the civic district at night.

4. Dinner at somewhere with a view of the skyline.

5. Catch a cheap, low-budget, Singaporean production at the Esplanade.
The Singapore Theatre Festival is coming up, but the tickets don’t look cheap.

6. Chill at Rochester Park, Dempsey Road, Club Street and Clark Quay.
People have raved about Rochester and Dempsey, and I have read about them in blogs, magazines and the newspapers. But, somehow, I have never been there.

7. Take a jog through Hougang and Potong Pasir.
Home(s) of the Brave.

8. Do something kiam-siak.
I’m not referring to the parking-coupon kinda kiam-siak, but something really kiam.

9. Visit Rosyth School.
My primary school. I can’t remember the last time I went back.

10. Celebrate National Day.
Perhaps by burning a compilation CD of all our nicer National Day theme songs. Last year’s song by Taufik and Rui En will definitely not be included.

If I were to give myself a few more spaces on the list, I intend to do the following:

11. Go Sentosa.

12. Picnic at Botanical Gardens.

13. Eat lots of Singaporean food.
Singaporeans overseas often talk about their laksa and chicken rice with fondness. And even though our ministers like to use the food-court, and rojak, to describe the diversity of our multiracial society, food somehow doesn’t rank highly on my list. Perhaps the craving will come later.


0 Responses to “Things I Intend to Do Before Leaving Singapore.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3