Road trip


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Took a drive around ‘My Island Home’ (I find Kaira Gong a little skinny) with the GreenCow yesterday. Drove to many places I have never been to but have always been curious about, and many places I had passed by as a NSF sitting at the back of a tonner. It has been an extremely long time since I visited some of the places; they’ve changed over the years but thankfully they’re still recognizable.

Here’s a summary of the itinerary:

Orchard Road - Scotts Road - RGS - Shangri-la – Orchard Road – Grange Road – Kim Seng. Pass a veritable Singaporean institution. - Tanjong Pagar – AYE – Queenstown – Lunch at Tanjong Pagar Railway Station – West Coast Park – National University of Singapore – Biopolis. Impressive. – Jurong Town – Singapore Science Center. Still plenty of fun after so many years. – Jalan Bahar – Home Team Academy – Keat Hong Camp – Tengeh Air Base – Garden of Remembrance – Lim Chu Kang Cemeteries – Ama Keng – Sungei Gedong Camp – Neo Tew – BBC broadcasting station. Took a wrong turn and ended up seeing more antennas than I had intended to. – Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve. Entrance fee is $1, but the park ‘ranger’ is really nice. – Kranji – Mandai – Upper Thomson – SLE – Seletar Camp – TPE – Changi – Hendon Camp – Changi Village – Selarang Camp – Changi Museum – Changi Prisons – Tampines – U-turned back to Old Bedok Road – ECP – Suntec - Marina Square for dinner with old classmates.
I have become a much better driver after yesterday and now I can vouch that the Toyota Vios is an extremely fuel-efficient car.

Item 2 on my list of the Top-Ten things I intend to do before leaving Singapore is checked.


0 Responses to “Road trip”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3