First Post from Pittsburgh


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sorry for taking such a long time to post this entry. I took awhile to get set up. Only managed to find an original version of Microsoft Office yesterday; somehow my new laptop could tell that I was trying to install a pirated version of the program (paiseh!). I can’t blog without Microsoft Word’s Spell-check function.

I am alive!

The journey here was uneventful, thankfully. Security was tight but it wasn’t a nuisance; and even though the Northwest Airline union had been threatening to strike, my mom and I, and our baggage, managed to arrive here safe and sound. Read 1 Samuels and played reversi on the in-flight entertainment system, but true to being a Combat Engineer, I slept through most of the 23 hour flight. Many thanks to all of you who have prayed for journey mercies.

I also want to thank all of you who were at the airport at 3am last Thursday morning to send me off. The timing was really ungodly. Thank you for your gifts, hugs, well-wishes and prayers. Many thanks also for all the emails, SMS-s and phone calls. I was really touched, moved and encouraged by your prayers and by some of the things you guys wrote, especially what Guonian had written in his card.

Fortunately, the airline provided very thick serviettes.


0 Responses to “First Post from Pittsburgh”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3